搜索
楼主: ZHANGXS05
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[随笔日志] 双向使我从一个败类到一流翻译的故事

[复制链接]
91#
 楼主| 发表于 10-10-24 05:30:47 | 只看该作者

diary 20101024

Yesterday, during my stay in Kunming, I visited the Yunan Nationalities Village. There is a staple show here - Elephant Performance. At one stage, the stupid elephants began to brandish the massage feat, they "gentlely" rub one man audience's penis and another girl's tits respectively.  How ridiculous and low-brow the show is !
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

92#
 楼主| 发表于 10-10-27 08:07:36 | 只看该作者
Thanks dad for your constant, never-remitting encouragement. Last night as you know, under doctors' consent, i replaced Bupropion with Citalopram, but i didn't sleep nearly at all the whole night (22:00-8:00), and one symptoms i had before - I wanna yawn but can't, may be caused by the antidepressant.

Anyway, it's not big deal, moreover sleep deprivation sometimes is being used to relieve acute depression.

during last sleepless night, all the bad things oocur to me, i felt miserable and woeful, yet i know, it's the depression made me so, i will be even cruel than depression ghost to struggle with it.

I won't give up, won't let you down. and if i still can't fight depression on my own, i have other options to my avail, right? like ECT.

Loving you, Wikid
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

93#
 楼主| 发表于 10-11-1 09:13:55 | 只看该作者
I am socially daft?

dad, yesterday during a dinner, one of my uncle's friends prodded me
to smoke and drink liquor, it seems that if you wanna succeed in
China, granted, tha you are not so professionally-skilled (e.g. up to
working for Oracle, Google, etc), you must develop your social
butterfly skills, such as kissing ass, exaggeration, smoking and
drinkingly heavily (during meals, they can drink under all kinds of
excuses, such as for the sake of your wellness and health, Very
ironic, indeed.).  i am not a born or natural smoker or drinker.
yesterday i felt painful and burning in my throat after drinking
almost 50ml. (the alcohol concentration is 52 degrees.). I didn't
wanna take this "useful" social skills. for my skin, my general
health, for a peace of mind, for my beliefs.
But the catch is if you don't develop these social skills, your
prospects are doomed to dim.  My uncle 3 also said the biggest problem
(being unemployed, everybody is finger pointing)is i am socially
clumsy, i am afraid of talking to strangers, even i am forced to do
so, i acted very unwillingly and unacceptably, I didn't know why, the
other guy on the scene was the one who met me during a dinner back in
the 2008 earthquake period, he said to me i am extremely eloquent. I
felt wronged greatly, being communicative is one of my few strengths.
if you recall hwo well we talked to each other every day and all those
years, you will know, maybe i am not public speaker, but i can talk
with people fairly well.
(think about all other guys i know )

on the contrary, i hate their way of doing things, eating junk food,
talking superficial, earthly and unthoughtful nonsense. I can beat
them in their own game, but i need not to, For I already found the one
on the planet, who cares and appreciates me in a truly empowering and
transformative way. Which is, namely, my dad Jeff Weinberg, a
humanitarian, selfless, altruisitc and egalitarian persona.

dad, sometimes, if all you hear is negative and reproachful remarks,
it tend to lose your heads, did you think at the moment of
desperation, what beliefs should i hold to soilder on? People always
find uneducated and unemployed are the most despisable, i am right
hitting their bull's eye.

welcome your great as ever insights, chat with U soon,
Loving, Wikid

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

94#
 楼主| 发表于 10-11-3 08:20:06 | 只看该作者
My dad's take on NPR's firing of Juan Williams

First, I didn't like Juan Williams. He was much too conservative and his analysis wasn't very good. In addition, he was on both NPR and Fox—and I think anyone on Fox compromises his or her credibility.

But his statement was a candid one about his own (admittedly Islamophobic) views. It wasn't any sort of position—he wasn't “advocating” that point of view.

I think, ultimately, NPR has been uncomfortable with Williams's presence on Fox for a long time and just used this comment to get rid of him.

I'm not that keen about NPR, anyway. It takes a sort of right-wing frame about most things, even though it's supposedly liberal (e.g., it refuses to call interrogation techniques used by the US and its allies “torture”—which some undoubtedly are—employing Bush-invented euphemisms instead, in an effort to be “balanced.” Disgusting, really.)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

95#
发表于 10-11-3 19:08:59 | 只看该作者
楼主太厉害了,全是英语看不懂,我看到文字就头痛
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

96#
 楼主| 发表于 10-11-26 09:35:57 | 只看该作者
Is there any friend in zhejiang and nearby regions?

Currently, i have an assignment moment lasting for, possibly, one and half years. Welcome everyone to get in touch with me

QQ: 715637623
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

97#
 楼主| 发表于 10-11-29 23:34:00 | 只看该作者

I am one of the best, if ain't THE best !

Let all the bastards and bitches to the hell

dad, yesterday during a dinner, one of my uncle's friends prodded me to smoke and drink liquor, it seems that if you wanna succeed in China, granted, tha you are not so professionally-skilled (e.g. up to working for Oracle, Google, etc), you must develop your social butterfly skills, such as kissing ass, exaggeration, smoking and drinkingly heavily (during meals, they can drink under all kinds of excuses, such as for the sake of your wellness and health, Very ironic, indeed.).  i am not a born or natural smoker or drinker. yesterday i felt painful and burning in my throat after drinking almost 50ml. (the alcohol concentration is 52 degrees.). I didn't wanna take this "useful" social skills. for my skin, my general health, for a peace of mind, for my beliefs.
But the catch is if you don't develop these social skills, your prospects are doomed to dim.  My uncle 3 also said the biggest problem (being unemployed, everybody is finger pointing)is i am socially  clumsy, i am afraid of talking to strangers, even i am forced to do so, i acted very unwillingly and unacceptably, I didn't know why, the other guy on the scene was the one who met me during a dinner back in the 2008 earthquake period, he said to me i am extremely eloquent. I felt wronged greatly, being communicative is one of my few strengths. if you recall hwo well we talked to each other every day and all those years, you will know, maybe i am not public speaker, but i can talk with people fairly well.

on the contrary, i hate their way of doing things, eating junk food, talking superficial, earthly and unthoughtful nonsense. I can beat them in their own game, but i need not to, For I already found the one on the planet, who cares and appreciates me in a truly empowering and transformative way. Which is, namely, my dad Jeff Weinberg, a humanitarian, selfless, altruisitc and egalitarian persona.

dad, sometimes, if all you hear is negative and reproachful remarks, it tend to lose your heads, did you think at the moment of desperation, what beliefs should i hold to soilder on? People always find uneducated and unemployed are the most despisable, i am right hitting their bull's eye.

Loving, Wikid
dad, yesterday during a dinner, one of my uncle's friends prodded me to smoke and drink liquor, it seems that if you wanna succeed in China, granted, tha you are not so professionally-skilled (e.g. up to working for Oracle, Google, etc), you must develop your social butterfly skills, such as kissing ass, exaggeration, smoking and drinkingly heavily (during meals, they can drink under all kinds of excuses, such as for the sake of your wellness and health, Very ironic, indeed.).  i am not a born or natural smoker or drinker. yesterday i felt painful and burning in my throat after drinking almost 50ml. (the alcohol concentration is 52 degrees.). I didn't wanna take this "useful" social skills. for my skin, my general health, for a peace of mind, for my beliefs.
But the catch is if you don't develop these social skills, your prospects are doomed to dim.  My uncle 3 also said the biggest problem (being unemployed, everybody is finger pointing)is i am socially  clumsy, i am afraid of talking to strangers, even i am forced to do so, i acted very unwillingly and unacceptably, I didn't know why, the other guy on the scene was the one who met me during a dinner back in the 2008 earthquake period, he said to me i am extremely eloquent. I felt wronged greatly, being communicative is one of my few strengths. if you recall hwo well we talked to each other every day and all those years, you will know, maybe i am not public speaker, but i can talk with people fairly well.

on the contrary, i hate their way of doing things, eating junk food, talking superficial, earthly and unthoughtful nonsense. I can beat them in their own game, but i need not to, For I already found the one on the planet, who cares and appreciates me in a truly empowering and transformative way. Which is, namely, my dad Jeff Weinberg, a humanitarian, selfless, altruisitc and egalitarian persona.

dad, sometimes, if all you hear is negative and reproachful remarks, it tend to lose your heads, did you think at the moment of desperation, what beliefs should i hold to soilder on? People always find uneducated and unemployed are the most despisable, i am right hitting their bull's eye.

Loving, Wikid
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

98#
发表于 10-11-30 00:07:59 | 只看该作者
我都看不懂~!读书时学的英语全忘了~!加LZ的QQ学英语~!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

99#
 楼主| 发表于 10-12-13 03:51:33 | 只看该作者
Multitasking is a downfall for concentration. It makes one feels agitated, anxious, expecting more and more, unfulfilling, wasteful, guilty.

There are multiple way to counter the multi-tasking mentality in our culture and psyche.   The vivid operandi is ask yourself what you wanna get most from one certain activity, and action, and if you gonna do it a in a mutli-tasking, attention deficient, distressing, distrating manner, what tradegy you will end up with, maybe you have alredy fed up with this mentality and unconscious acts, but you can't get rid of it, since you already deep-seated in this vicious cycle. The initiative is to single-tasking right now and emulating it in every occasion possible, be it toileting, bathing, reading, talking. Reclaim your inner joyfulness, peacefulness.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

100#
 楼主| 发表于 11-2-2 08:51:47 | 只看该作者

GF

I have met my lover, Diane at the new place where i have a work assisgnment. Lucky me
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|阳光工程 ( 京ICP备10041392号-12 地址:北京市海淀区北二街8号1510 邮编:100080 | 京公网安备 11010802020199号  

GMT+8, 24-9-27 12:17