[原创] Stephen Fry:躁郁症患者的秘密生活 ver.0.1.6

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 09-1-15 15:30:12 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Stephen Fry:躁郁症患者的秘密生活

这两集纪录片介绍了俗称躁郁症的双相患者的真实生活。

双相日记

Connie Perris现龄40多岁。她的第一次心境波动发生在求学时,而她确切诊断为双相情感障碍是在七年前。 她用七天日记的形式说明应付她的疾病所面临的挑战。

第一天:确诊

陷入严重而持久的精神疾病对我是一个既长又慢的过程。求学时,我就有心境波动,有时是严重的抑郁,有时是情绪特别高涨的时期,但这些都被归因于成长和雌性荷尔蒙的作用。我学会了忍受和适应它们。

到了大学,一位医生向我解释这种在我十几岁经历的心境波动就是躁郁症,但是他将之描述得就和风疹一样。

成年后,我经历了更温和的抑郁,只是把它当作了在压力条件下工作的部分经验,并且通过变得更忙碌来抵抗抑郁。我从没意识到这可能是一种形式的轻躁,或情绪过高。

在我三十几岁时,我经历了一系列的不愉快的变故。一段重要关系的终结,恶梦般的邻居,办公室内的权利争斗,被侵犯以及身体健康问题都对我造成了重大影响,渐渐的我崩溃了。起初,与心理咨询师交谈还是起效的,但后来我陷入了严重的心境震荡以及精神失常。

从此,开始了我在双相情感障碍的精神系统内的生活之旅。从我为我的精神健康问题见医生算起,十年来,我已经接受过许多治疗,包括药物治疗,住院治疗,临时护理,家庭访问,和许多和医生、护士、社工提供的门诊预订,所有这些都是为了我的康复。

我有过数次严重的自杀企图。有点荒唐可笑,如自杀竟会误算了施药量或者割腕合适的深度。相比他人,我还活着,真是个奇迹。

同时,我荣获了许多标签。 我是双相的,我是躁郁症,有时我还是精神病,我有严重持续的精神疾病,我有过精神崩溃或已经崩溃了的。还有些别的,如我是个病人,我是个医院的常客,一个精神健康服务的用户。

当我试图定义问题是什么,问题对于我们及我们与那些帮助应对我们疾病的人的关系意味着什么时,我发现这些标签已经弄乱了精神健康,或者,精神损害。

就我的体验来看,贴在个人身上的最好的标签是他们自己所偏爱的:拥有大多数标签让我感到很舒服,出于某些原因,除了病人之外。但是标签不可避免的引起耻辱和摩擦。

幸运的是,双相情感障碍,这个标签,不至于太糟。因为人们会将它与创造性和智慧联系起来,许多有关这个的主题在网络和书籍中流传。

另一方面,精神病是一个常常被避免使用的词,因为人们常常不明切其所指。我将在后文中告诉你它对于我的意义以及抑郁和躁狂是如何影响我的。

同时,我就是我。 长期的疾病使我认识到将来是不确定的,朝健康的我的奋斗也将是持久而缓慢的,但是我正一步步努力着。
http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tv_and_radio/secretlife_bipolardiaries1.shtml
Stephen Fry: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive
This two-part documentary investigates the reality of living with bipolar disorder, also known as manic depression.
Bipolar diary
Seven-day account of the challenges faced by one woman getting to grips with her condition. Connie Perris is in her 40s. Her first mood swings happened at school, but she only got a firm diagnosis of bipolar disorder seven years ago.

Day one: getting a diagnosis
My slide into severe and enduring mental illness was long and slow. At school, I had mood swings, sometimes with severe depression and also with periods of much higher mood, but these were put down to growing up and female hormones, and I learnt to live with them.
At university, a doctor explained that the mood swings through my teens had been manic depression, but it seemed no more significant than saying that I’d had German measles.
As an adult, I experienced milder depressions, but just took it as being part of the experience of doing a pressurised job; and I fought back against the depression by becoming very busy, without any sense that this might be a form of hypomania, or raised mood.
Then, in my 30s, I experienced a series of unpleasant life events. The end of a serious relationship, neighbours from hell, office politics, being assaulted and physical health problems all took their toll, and I began to crumble. To begin with, talking with a therapist helped, but then I collapsed into major mood swings and psychosis.
And so began my life in the psychiatric system with bipolar affective disorder. In the ten years since I went to see a doctor about my mental health problems, I have had therapy, medication, hospital stays, stays in respite care, home visits, and many outpatient appointments with doctors, nurses and social workers, all to help me to survive.
I have made several serious suicide attempts, some laughable in their miscalculation of how many pills it would take or how deep to cut a wrist. With others, it was a miracle I survived.
And I have acquired labels. I’m bipolar, I’m manic depressive, sometimes I’m psychotic, I have severe and enduring mental illness, I had a breakdown/have breakdowns. There are others. I’m a patient, a client, a mental health service user.
Mental health, or mental distress, is cluttered up with labels, as we try to define what the issues are and what they mean for us and our relationships with those who help us to deal with them.
For my taste, the best label to stick on a person is the label they themselves prefer: I’m comfortable with a range of labels, except, for some reason, patient. But there is no getting away from the stigma and friction caused by labels.
Fortunately, bipolar is not too bad a label to have because people associate it with creativity and intelligence, and much has been written on the subject on the internet and in books.
Psychotic, on the other hand, is a word often best avoided, because people often aren’t sure what it means. I’ll tell you later about what it means for me, as well as how depression and mania affect me.
In the meantime, I’m just me. After years of illness, the future is uncertain, and the climb up towards a healthy me is also long and slow, but one I’m making a step at a time.

yeeyan组的一个Project 欢迎挑刺,欢迎转贴,欢迎参与翻译,看看国外患者咋感受的,呵呵,其实应该差不多。

[ 本帖最后由 woodmqf 于 09-1-18 16:41 编辑 ]
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 转播转播 分享分享 分享淘帖
2#
发表于 09-1-15 15:41:48 | 只看该作者
呀,已经开始翻译工作了,真棒!辛苦了!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
 楼主| 发表于 09-1-15 15:52:44 | 只看该作者
挑刺者更棒。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 09-1-15 16:06:42 | 只看该作者
支持一下
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 09-1-15 16:53:04 | 只看该作者

回复 3# woodmqf 的帖子

通篇翻译准确流畅。不仅让我们了解了国外同类病友的类似感受,而且也知道他们在工作生活中也面临着同样的问题:感情关系、邻里摩擦、权谋斗争等。顶楼主一下。

既然楼主欢迎挑刺,我就斗胆发表些个人见解:

关于assault一词的翻译,我其实也不确知,于是查询了一下Merriam-Webster Online,其中一个定义如下:

2 a: a threat or attempt to inflict offensive physical contact or bodily harm on a person (as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner) that puts the person in immediate danger of or in apprehension of such harm or contact

由此看来也有“威胁”或“恐吓”之意。
their miscalculation of how many pills it would take or how deep to cut a wrist

医生会误算了施药量或者割腕应该多深
这是我在文中找到的唯一一个理解上的偏差。原文并不是指“医生误算”,their指代的是上文的suicide attempts。

以上两点与楼主及大家商榷。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

6#
 楼主| 发表于 09-1-15 18:31:46 | 只看该作者
纳兰的意见很宝贵啊 ,欢迎您加入小组哦

第一点,我改成了侵害,
考虑这个词主要是因为它有强奸和您说的威胁施暴的两个意思,所以难翻一点.没有语境,我也不知道.
第二点,确实是我的失误了.
我已经改为:有点荒唐可笑,如自杀竟会误算了施药量或者割腕合适的深度。(翻得时候没摆脱常识 )
谢谢纳兰的夸奖 精确可能是,但是流畅我肯定没达到......所以要大家来改改我的English Chinese.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 09-1-15 18:39:00 | 只看该作者

已经很好了,小学毕业的都能看懂

最起码我看了没有任何的问题
上面的文章真的是个很好案例``
我们躁郁症的病人会不会得精神病啊?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

8#
 楼主| 发表于 09-1-15 18:56:53 | 只看该作者
躁郁症是一种情感性精神障碍,你说它是不是精神病呢?从原则上讲,就是精神病.不仅仅精神分裂症是精神病.还有很多类型的精神疾患.所以上文的作者说自己是精神病,我想可能是因为伴了精神分裂的几项诊断标准:如妄想,幻觉,被动体验等.
躁郁症,会不会变成精神分裂症.应该是不会转变,除非,基因上你也很不幸具有分裂症的特点.概率传说不高.

我不是医生,所以确切的答案,还是靠医生回答吧.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 09-1-15 19:17:34 | 只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 09-1-16 12:44:24 | 只看该作者

躁郁就是精神分裂和神经症的结合症状,但有自知力

我的个人感觉吧``
不知道你们怎样认为
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

11#
 楼主| 发表于 09-1-16 13:33:06 | 只看该作者
躁郁II型应该是没有伴精神性(幻觉、妄想等)的问题的。症状是有些重合的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

12#
发表于 09-2-15 09:37:38 | 只看该作者
assult 是攻击的意思,
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

13#
发表于 09-2-17 12:10:55 | 只看该作者
哇,高人真多啊
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

14#
发表于 09-2-18 13:37:18 | 只看该作者
支持!支持!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

15#
发表于 10-10-19 19:23:06 | 只看该作者
纪录片《躁郁症的那点事》原来这么早就有人推荐了。woodmqf ,高人!顶!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|阳光工程 ( 京ICP备10041392号-12 地址:北京市海淀区北二街8号1510 邮编:100080 | 京公网安备 11010802020199号  

GMT+8, 24-9-25 16:25