阳光工程心理网

标题: 战胜双相 [打印本页]

作者: netluck    时间: 11-10-10 19:26
标题: 战胜双相
I Survive Bipolar Disorder - I Can Do Anything + VideoSeptember 27th, 2011 / by Natasha Tracy

I hate having bipolar disorder. It’s my least favorite thing about me. For all the talents I have developed, possibly in part, due to bipolar disorder, I would give those up in a moment to simply not be sick.
But I did realize something about bipolar disorder - just surviving it is an achievement. And if I can survive bipolar disorder then I can do anything.

Bipolar Disorder and HarmBipolar disorder, unfortunately, takes the lives of 15% of suffers. Additionally, more than 50% of people with bipolar disorder will attempt suicide, many more than once. A large number of people with bipolar disorder will also experience major everyday functioning difficulties hurting themselves and often the people around them.
This is a deadly illness and one not to be taken lightly.
But I Survive with Bipolar DisorderBut oddly, I have survived with bipolar disorder. Some would argue, thrived, in spite of the illness. I would imagine this is because of a lot of factors including biological ones and just plain luck.
But make no mistake; I also work very hard every moment of every day trying desperately to survive this thing that tries to kill me where I stand.
It’s life-altering work. It’s a soul-squelching effort. It’s more than I think I have, so much of the time.
But I survive. It’s the weirdest of things. I’m not quite sure how it works.
I’m Not ScaredAnd so, in comparison, everything seems like an absolute cake walk.
Have a client ridiculously scream in your face? Meh. Whatever.
Have to work with the she-devil of the Evil Empire? Alrighty-then.
Find yourself launched off a cliff into a tree via paraglider? Oh bother.
Because really, what’s worse than a mental illness that’s with you every moment of every day forcing drugs, failed treatments and therapies and other nonsense into your life?
Nothing.
Well, very few things. Very few things suck quite as much as that.
So bring it on. I am bipolar. I am strong. I survive.
作者: netluck    时间: 11-10-10 19:27
And if I can survive bipolar disorder then I can do anything.

如果你能战胜双相,你能战胜一切。

欢迎光临 阳光工程心理网 (http://sunofus.org/bbs/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2